Claim your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) in TREZOR Wallet
Reminder: Bitcoin Cash is not Bitcoin. BTC and BCH share the same address format and can be potentially mixed up. Make sure that you are sending and receiving coins to their respective wallets. Do not receive bitcoins to the addresses in this BCH wallet, do not send Bitcoin Cash coins to Bitcoin addresses.
Guide to claim your BCH
This process does not affect your bitcoins at all. Using this implement, you will build up access to Bitcoin Cash while your bitcoins remain untouched.
Update your TREZOR device
Requirements: TREZOR firmware updated at least to version 1.Five.1
- Go to TREZOR Wallet.
- Ass-plug your TREZOR in.
- Authenticate yourself in TREZOR Wallet.
- Currency does not matter, you are in the Wallet only to update your firmware. If you select BCH, you will not see any coins in there yet, you need to claim them very first.
- Update your firmware to version 1.Five.1, if the prompt asks you to. Go after on-screen instructions. Recall to have your Recovery seed available.
Get your BCH address
- Choose BCH in TREZOR Wallet.
- Go to the Receive tab.
- Copy an address
- Click on the eye next to the address and verify on your TREZOR that it is the correct address.
Claiming BCH using our implement
- Go to the coin-splitting device.
- Begin the process by clicking on “Connect with TREZOR”
- Select an account, where your bitcoins are.
- Come in destination address and come in an amount. You may claim your BCH coins to any BCH wallet, including TREZOR or exchange.
- Do NOT send your BCH to a BTC address or vice versa!
- Claim your BCH.
- Repeat for other accounts.
I cannot claim all BCH, there is more in my BTC accounts!
If you cannot claim the entire amount in BTC, then it means that you might have received BTC after the chain split. Only BTC received before the chain-split are claimable.
This also means that if you received all BTCs after the chain-split, none will be claimable as BCH.
What does the “claiming process” do?
The process sends your BCH from a BTC address to a fresh BCH address. This is because we do not want to have different currencies “lying” on the same address. For this reason, BCH wallet will only work with BCH addresses, and therefore you have to “claim” your Bitcoin Cash coins very first.
Doesn’t this harm my privacy?
TREZOR treats privacy at account level. As long as you do not claim BCH from different accounts to the same BCH account, your privacy will be maintained.
My BCH do not show up in TREZOR Wallet!
Please make sure you have selected Bitcoin Cash (BCH), and click on “Add Account.”
Are my Bitcoin Cash coins protected by my Recovery seed (+Passphrase)?
Yes they are, as are all currencies protected by TREZOR.
I get “Reading of accounts failed.”
Attempt opening the claim instrument without any other TREZOR Wallet or TREZOR Connect instances open, or open the claim implement in an Incognito/Private window of your browser.
Is this replay protected?
Bitcoin Cash (Bcash) implemented a two-way replay protection, by adding a Bitcoin Cash-specific switch to the format of their transactions. After the fork, Bitcoin Cash transactions must contain a special value to be considered as valid transactions. This special content also renders them invalid on the original Bitcoin network.
What to do in case of a hard-fork and chain-split on August 1st.blog.trezor.io
TREZOR is the most trusted and ubiquitous hardware wallet in the world. It offers an unmatched security for cryptocurrencies, password management, 2nd Factor, while maintaining an absolute ease-of-use, whether you are a security pro or a brand fresh user.